I’m tired and I will update this soon. Pictures will be included. =)
I’ll leave to the airport in a bit but I am so tired. More sleep is wanted but I have to go. Honestly, I still feel like this is not happening. As if someone is going to pop out from behind something and tell me that they tricked me. I don’t know. It’s surreal. Now all that is left to do is survive the flight. I’ll be in Russia so enough. Excuse me if this is a short post but I am busy enough. When I have time to post something else I will. Byebye for now.
Tomorrow is my trip. I’ve been waiting for it and at the same time dreading it. I do not feel like im actually going to be studying abroad in Russia. I do not think it has hit me yet. It will soon. I hope it hits me soon because then I’ll feel like there is something wrong with me. One thing that I do know is that I will probably not sleep well tonight. When there is something important to do the next day, I always just lay there on my bed without sleep. I can’t seem to drift off but I hope that I get some sleep because im sure getting to Russia will be exhausting.
I do not know how my internet set up will be over there so if I do not post right away I am sorry. Everything will be figured out soon.
So I want to pack almost everything today so I do not have to pack much tomorrow. I want to be able to enjoy my last day in Los Angeles and not worry about packing and other stuff. It’s kind of hard because there is so much that I want to take with me but so little space to take everything in. It was kind of funny because when I started packing my Mom told me “But I wanted to help you pack”. It was obvious that I had barely started packing and that she could still help. She can fold clothes better than I can. Off I go to finish packing now. Byebye
My brother bought me The Sims 3 yesterday at Target. I’ve been wanting this game for some time now so I was really happy that he bought it for me. The problem is that I always get addicted to Sim games. I really want to play now but I really should go get ready to go out after this post. Now the sad part is that my Sim has a better life than I do….well in some areas. She has a job and all she had to do to get it is to look in a newspaper. No job application, no interview, and no waiting for someone to call back. I wish I could get a job that easily.
Alice Dark, my sim (my brother helped me name her), has an easy life. She has a maid who cleans her house everyday and a descent house. What are her worries? That she is hungry or needs to go to the bathroom? Sometimes I wish reality was as easy as Alice’s life. Then I would be able to pause it or fast forward through the boring parts. Since reality is not like Alice’s virtual life, I have to put up with this heat that I can’t fast forward through and my worries far exceed when I will be able to go to the restroom.
I wonder if Alice has any complaints.
So yesterday, I remembered that I would need a converter and an adaptor for my electronic devices in Russia but I did not really know what they were. In my student handbook for studying abroad, it gave ne a description of what it does and what it is. However, I was still confused because I never used one before and I did not know what they looked like. This is when I turned to the good old internet. I typed in Russian adaptor and I clicked the second search because I noticed it was a wordpress blog. That blog was very helpful because it had pictures and it specified that I will need the “Northern Europe” adaptor which my student handbook failed to mention.
The blog is called Life with Colin…and 1 on the way. I hope other people find it as helpful as I did. After I read the post, I ran out to go buy one. Everything is coming together.
Dear UPS guy,
You are a very nice person for dropping packages off at my house. I know that you are just doing it because it is part of your job but I really do appreciate it. Thank you for coming by on Monday. Also Thank you in advance for coming by later today, tomorrow, and Monday. Maybe I should order something else online and have it delivered by Friday. No, I am not ordering stuff just so I can see you or anything of that nature. I need all of this stuff for my trip on Tuesday. Once again, thank you UPS guy. You are very kind.
I love Edgar Allan Poe. His writing is so beautiful and I wish I could write like him. Also I wish I could meet him because he just seems so interesting. In high school, my friend would make fun of me because well he is not very attractive but I think that he is beautiful. His mind makes him beautiful to me. When I was buying books for my first year of college in 2009, I bought a book of stories by Poe. My favorite short story is “The Tell-Tale Heart”. I just love to read it out loud because it sounds amazing that way. Also I feel like it makes the narrator seem more mad if it is read out loud. I love it. Now my favorite poem by Poe is “The Bells”. Read it out loud and you will understand why it is beautiful. The closing line “To the moaning and the groaning of the bells” is such a great line to end the poem and also one of my favorites from the poem.
One more week left until I leave for St. Petersburg, Russia. I know the day is almost over but I thought I would reflect on the things and people I will miss the most.
- Family: I will miss my Dad because he is funny and jokes around. Of course, my Mom will be missed as well because of her awesome home cooking and her over protective attitude over our kitten, Misha. I’ll miss both of my brothers very much and laughing really loud late at night with them. At night I tend to laugh louder and my Dad can usually tell what time it is by how loud I laugh. Since I counts my cats as part of my family, I will miss them very much and I hope that I can get my cat fix in Russia.
- Friends: One of my best friends, Niki, is so amazing and I wish I could take her with me. There is no one in the world like her. The Twins, Daniella and Ariella, were so sweet and they bought me a neck pillow for my flight. I love those girls. I love all of my friends and I am grateful to be friends with them all.
- UCSB: This year I will not be going back to Santa Barbara to go to school and I will miss the beautiful campus. I will not miss the stinky lagoon though. At the end of last school year I was dreading dinning commons food because there was not much variety so that will not be missed. Naan Stop (a restaurant by my school) you are so yummy. Come with me on this wonderful journey, Naan Stop?
- English: I’m going to miss being able to communicate and understand people. Of course, it is for my own benefit to not speak English but I’ll miss speaking a language I know without stutter over every word.
- Spanish: What are the odds of me finding someone that speaks Spanish in Russia? Slim, I imagine. Yes, my Spanish sucks but I will miss speaking it at home. In fact, it will probably suffer greatly since I will only use it when I call home.
- Leo: This boy is A-mazing. Yes, I am probably being biased but that doesn’t mean he isn’t amazing. Me leaving will make our relationship a littler harder but we both just have to put more effort into it. I’m going to write him emails every day. I will miss him very much (sooooooo much). I love this boy like crazy.
The list of what I will miss can go on and on. For example, I will miss mexican candy and the city of Los Angeles in general. The point is that I am going to miss familiarity. However, I will not let being in a new environment far away from home get in the way of this amazing opportunity in front of me. Everything will be okay. Plus if I back out now I won’t get my money back.
Next Tuesday, on the 30th, I will leave to Russia. I could have sworn I had more time. I really thought there was like an extra week left this month….like a hidden week that would give me more time to prepare. Since there is not, I have to make the most of the time that I have left. There are so many things I want to do (not enough money to do them all =\) and people that I want to hide in my luggage. It would be great if I could take people with me but I suppose that would take away from the experience. I still need to go shopping for some things but everything will work out. If worse come to worse I will just end up buying what I need in Russia even if it is more expensive.
On a different note, I really want to get my hands on a Where’s Waldo? book. I love those books. Must find one now.